Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Coaching Offer - what is coaching and why should I engage in it?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Colin T. McLetchie
Admin
Topic starter
(@fwfwpadmin)

Hello!

Several of you have asked "what is coaching?" Coaching is a one-on-one confidential space to explore your own learning, growth and development. Keeping your individual developmental goals in mind, we would work together to co-create a safe and challenging space to explore your inner game and your outer game to help you elevate your leadership. Fundamentally, I believe what I do as a coach is help people see, feel, think, and believe differently, so they can do differently, so they can have a greater impact, achieve greater outcomes, be the leader you want to be, etc. (Do you hear the OAR model in there?)

Coaches use lots of questions and share observations to help you explore more deeply, see things you might not otherwise see, change perspective, get the swirl in your head out in front of us - all for the sake of your growth and development. Think of this as not so focused on skill building (although that may well happen) - rather it's about exploring your internal operating system and seeing where it might could use an upgrade to get the results you want and be the leader you aspire to be.

One very good reason to choose to do the coaching is that it will help you learn the tools of coaches - which you can then bring to your leadership toolkit and those you lead. Skills like, how to use powerful questions, how to allow for discomfort and silence, how to be deeply present, etc. And when it comes time for you to have developmental conversations with your team members, it may make you more compassionate toward their experience as well as more skilled and able to be with whatever comes up - and give you stories to share about your own journey. Leaders get to share with their team members what they see, and help them stretch and grow through to the next level. This is a great opportunity to lead by example.

I've attached a form each of you would sign that outlines what coaching is and isn't, the confidentiality aspects, etc.

It would be helpful to know by 5 pm EST this Friday August 14 if you're in or not. Please email me privately at colin@fivewaysforward.com to let me know. If you're in, sign the attached form and return it to me.

And if you have questions, post them here or email me!

See you soon!

Colin

Topic Tags
Share: